Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Reflections about Berlin Open 2013

Many things where better than expected and some did not go as well as I would have hoped.

The women's team evolved a lot during the tournament. That was the best part. I wish I could have seen them more, but the referee schedule didn't allow me to. I really have no bad feelings about the opportunity to be a referee though and not about the schedule being extensive either. If I am to evolve as a referee, I need experience and that is hard to get without the games.

It was also extremely valuable to have the assessors by the fields, because they really pointed out many things that I had not understood during the referee camp.

Unfortunately we had one of the team in the hospital, but expecting a full recovery and we had one taken by airport security (to be released ten minutes later) so it is was eventful. Thanks for this year's Berlin Open!

No comments:

Post a Comment