Sunday, May 26, 2013

Three games in one day

Yesterday was a good Lacrosse day. Turku came over from Finland with both a men's and a women's team to play against Swedish teams. I had the opportunity to referee them all. First Nordia played Turku (men) on Kärrtorps IP. Apart from it being good practise for the teams it was also a big opportunity for us referees to get into our roles as referees better.

Rushing of to the second game at Enskede IP. The second game was a women's game between a mix of Swedish players and Turku. By the time I arrived the game had already started. This was a good game for me in many ways. First I had the opportunity to see some of the Swedish players going to the World Championships in July playing a game. I have seen many of them playing before some time ago but some players I saw in a game for the first time. Also it was my first game as a women's umpire ever. A bit shaky experience as I do not have the knowledge of all women's rules. Fortunately Diana was already there and had command of the entire game but appreciated a pair of extra eyes.

After the game ended, back to Kärrtorps IP for the third game. This time it was a men's game between Farsta and Turku. Somewhat calmer game for us as referees, but again good experience.

In the end I managed to sell some T-Shirts in favour for the women's national team.

No comments:

Post a Comment